Calcium acetate is a chemical compound which is a calcium salt of acetic acid. It has the formula Ca(C2H3O2)2. Its standard name is calcium acetate, while calcium ethanoate is the systematic name. An older name is acetate of lime. The anhydrous form is very hygroscopic; therefore the monohydrate (Ca(CH3COO)2•H2O) is the common form.
We are one of the leading manufacturers, supplier, exporter and stockist of Calcium Acetate across India.
Applications of Calcium Acetate
1. In Food
Calcium Acetate Monohydrate E263 is used in candy and confections, cake batters and mixtures, pie fillings, puddings, certain cheeses, gelatine, snack foods, sweet sauces, bread and baked foods, pet products.
Functions of calcium acetate in food as follows:
- growth inhibitor for certain bacteria
- texturizer, thickening and firming agent
- buffer in controlling the pH of food during processing (acidity regulator)
- stabilizer when salts migrate from food-packaging material (sequestrate)
- extends shelf life
2. In Beverage Calcium Acetate can be used in beverage.
3. In Pharmaceutical
Calcium acetate E263 binds phosphate to lower blood phosphate levels in kidney disease.
4. In Health and Personal care
It is also used as Fragrance Ingredient; Masking; Viscosity Controlling in cosmetic.
5. In Agriculture/Animal Feed/Poultry
Calcium Acetate Monohydrate E263 can be used as calcium supplement in pet foods.
Specification of Calcium Acetate
|Appearance||White Fine Powder|
|Assay||99 % Min|
|Ph of 5%||6.5 – 9|
|Arsenic||2 PPM MAX|
|Heavy Metal||5 PPM max|
Popular Names of Calcium Acetate
Calcium Acetate Anhydrous