Sodium Thio Sulphate
We are one of the reliable manufacturers and exporters of Sodium thiosulphate in Mumbai, India. We can produce more than 100 tons of Sodium thiosulphate in a month and more as per client requirement. We provide highest purity Sodium thiosulfate.
It is an inorganic compound with the formula Na2S2O3.xH2O. Typically it is available as the white or colourless pentahydrate, Na2S2O3•5H2O. The solid is an efflorescent (loses water readily) crystalline substance that dissolves well in water. It is also called sodium hyposulfite or "hypo".
- Medical uses
- Photographic processing
- Neutralizing chlorinated water
- As a component in hand warmers and other chemical heating pads that produce heat by exothermic crystallization of a supercooled solution.
- In bacteriological water assessment, as it promotes the survival of coliform organisms by neutralizing residual chlorine.
- In the tanning of leather
- To demonstrate the concept of supercooling in physics classes: Sodium thiosulfate, when heated, dissolves in its own water of crystallisation. This solution can be cooled to room temperature without recrystallization. When crystallisation is induced by the addition of a small seed crystal, the sudden temperature rise can be experienced by touch.
- As part of patina recipes for copper alloys
- Often used in pharmaceutical preparations as an anionic surfactant to aid in dispersion
Popular Names of Sodium thiosulphate
- Pentahydrate of sodium thiosulfate
- Sodium thiosulfate
- Sodium thiosulphate anhydrous
- Sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate
- thiosulphuric acid
- disodium salt
- Grade : Anhydrous
- Appearance : White Fine Powder
- Assay : 98% Min
- pH of 5 % : 6 to 8
- Chloride : 0.5%
- Iron : 0.5%
- Lead : 5 PPM
- Arsenic : 5 PPM
- Appearance : Small Crystal
- Assay : 97% Min
- pH 5 % : 6 to 8.5
- Chloride : 0.5%
- Solubility : Clear &Colourless Solution
- Grade : Pentahydrate
- Mol. Wt : 158
- Appearance : White pallets
- Assay : 98 % Min.
- pH of 5% : 6 to 8.5