We are one of the leading manufacturers, supplier and exporter of Potassium Sulphate. The potassium Sulphate we manufacture is made of best quality material and has a maximum purity. Potassium Sulphate is a non-flammable white crystalline salt which is soluble in water. The chemical compound is commonly used in fertilizers, providing both potassium and sulphur
When potassium sulphate is heated in water and subjected to swirling in a beaker, the crystals form a multi-arm spiral structure when allowed to settle. Potassium sulphate could be used to study spiral structures in the laboratory.
Application of Potassium Sulphate
1. The dominant use of potassium sulphate is as a fertilizer. K2SO4 does not contain chloride, which can be harmful to some crops. Potassium sulphate is preferred for these crops, which include tobacco and some fruits and vegetables. Crops that are less sensitive may still require potassium sulphate for optimal growth if the soil accumulates chloride from irrigation water.
2. The crude salt is also used occasionally in the manufacture of glass. Potassium sulphate is also used as a flash reducer in artillery propellant charges. It reduces muzzle flash, flareback and blast overpressure.
3. It is sometimes used as an alternative blast media similar to soda in soda blasting as it is harder and similarly water-soluble.
- Grade : Pure
- Appearance : White fine Powder
- Assay : 99 Min
- Potassium : 50% Min
- Insoluble Matter : 0.05%
- Iron : 0.05%
- pH 5% Solution : 6 to 8
- Solubility : Clear Solution
Popular names of Potassium Sulphate
- Sulphate of Potash
- Potash of Sulphur